Saturday, January 1, 2011

Anwar Runs PKR Like A Communist Party?

 

KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim runs Parti Keadilan Rakyat like a communist party, said the member of parliament for Padang Serai N. Gobalakrishnan who has been a staunch supporter of the PKR de facto leader.
“I have been a diehard Anwar supporter for the past 12 years and never spoke negatively of the party. Thus, if I am speaking like this then that means there is a problem.”
The exasperated Gobala, as he is known, revealed to the New Straits Times yesterday the extent of Anwar’s stranglehold on the party.
Freedom of speech not allowed?

“There’s a lot of frustration in the party but there is a gag order, you cannot say anything, you cannot talk. Even within the party we are not allowed to talk.
“So what is the use of being a member of the party?”
Gobalakrishnan, formerly a party vice-president, said members were not allowed to talk to the press, and barred from issuing press statements against any party leaders.
Anwar practices cronyism to the max?
He remains Kulim division chief, but exercises no real power.
“Anwar’s men there will dish out the appointment of councillors as he has his own inner circle in Kedah and purposely selects people who work against me.
“This happens not only in my division but almost in all the divisions in the country he (Anwar) does this.”
Anwar is a dictator?
He added that there was also talk of Anwar forcing Pas and DAP leaders, being allies of PKR in Pakatan Rakyat, to accept his nominees.
Gobalakrishnan said Anwar was a self-centred person who only cared for himself and those close to him.
“He has an inner circle which includes his friends and (Mohamed) Azmin (Ali) and that is it,” said Gobalakrishnan.
Anwar marginalized the Indian?
He had repeatedly urged the party to address several Indian issues including the reopening of the Hindu Sivan Temple in Bukit Gasing as well as the poor estate workers in the Coalfields Estate.
“Every time I raise these issues, Anwar will get angry and challenge me to leave the party and I will say no, I am not going to leave and so, finally, I end up getting fed up with Anwar.”
Gobalakrishnan said Anwar never cared about the Indians in PKR even though it was touted as a multi-racial party.
“What has Anwar done for the Indians all these years? He has always been dividing the Indians and making sure we are not strong and united.
“What the British did to the Indians with their divide and rule policy is exactly what Anwar is doing in PKR today.”
He added that Anwar was more accommodating of the other races in the party.
“He maintains the old and senior Malay leaders in the party, he wants the Malays to be strong in the party. The Chinese, he makes sure he appoints a credible Chinese politician as vice-president. But when it comes to the Indians he wants to make sure they are weak and this is Anwar’s style,” he said.
Anwar practices favoritism?
“There are many capable Indian leaders who have been in the party for 10 to 12 years but why must (Anwar) appoint somebody new.”
Justifying his outburst at Anwar on Twitter earlier this week, Gobalakrishnan said he was seeking justice and wanted Anwar to rescind the appointment of N. Surendran as a vice-president.
“I don’t want any position for myself and I don’t want to be appointed to any post. They can appoint another Indian representative who has been a member of the party.”
He said PKR’s political bureau or disciplinary committee had yet to summon him.
“I hope they call me. I have sent a text message to party president Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail a few days ago but have yet to get a reply.
Wan Azizah is a tunggul kayu?
“But I believe she cannot do anything,” he said .
“I will maintain my position and I will fight within Keadilan. I will make sure I get justice.
“Anwar said Parliament did not give him justice in the Apco case by not hearing him, so PKR better hear me and make my case transparent and public.”

No comments:

KIRIM PESANAN ANDA



Nama
Alamat Email
Perkara
Mesej
Image Verification
Please enter the text from the image
[ Refresh Image ] [ What's This? ]